The Old Town Graveyard sits between two lovely Victorian churches and is part of the Historic District of the City of Medina but it has never had any connection with either the Congregational Church to the west or the Episcopal Church to the east and precedes them in age by some seventy years. Many of the early settlers of Medina are buried there, although a number of the graves were eventually moved to Spring Grove. An old-fashioned burial ground, Old Town was considered dreary and lacking in elegance. Another factor that inspired people to move their ancestors to more spacious grounds was the availability of large family lots. There would be space for the living to eventually rest with their forbears. The first burials in Old Town Graveyard were in 1810 and the last was in 1946. The land for the burial ground was given to the town by Henry M. and Sarah Boardman in 1836.