Generations of local people who called Medina and surrounding townships home now rest in Spring Grove Cemetery. Created in 1883, it is a cemetery of the Rural Cemetery Movement, which became popular after the Civil War. Characteristic of that type of cemetery design are old forest, winding paths and roadways, rustic stone structures and lakes. Today Spring Grove is in the process of being restored to its former beauty. A new lake has been built and an old lake restored. Two new gardens beautify the grounds. The 1884 chapel has been fully restored; the mausoleum's roof, stained glass, bronze doors and stone walls have been fully restored; a columbarium designed to fit seamlessly into the historic landscape was built by the new lake, the Baby Section has been refurbished and beautified.